Church of the Redeemer
Renovation and addition to historic sanctuary
Built in 1880
Owner: Church of the Redeemer
Architect John Milner Architects, Inc.
2010 ABC Award of Excellence
2010 AIA Philadelphia Award of Excellence
2010 AIA Pennsylvania Award of Excellence
2010 Preservation Pennsylvania Award
Public and Institutional Rehabilitation
2010 Lower Merion Township
Historic Preservation Award
- Historic restoration of 130 year old church
- Worked with Owner and Architect from concept to completion to meet budget, schedule and program goals
W.S. Cumby, Inc. completed the 11,900 SF historic restoration and renovation of the Church of the Redeemer. The original church building, circa 1880, was designed in the Gothic Revival style by architect Charles M. Burns and is set on a beautiful 11-acre campus in Bryn Mawr, PA.
Working in collaboration with the Church’s Building Committee and John Milner Architects of Chaddsford, PA, W.S. Cumby provided preconstruction services which included budget management, scheduling and logistical planning in addition to the execution of all construction phase activities.
The scope of the project included: the construction of a new one-story addition consisting of accessible bathrooms and a new entrance; exterior restoration; sanctuary renovations to extend the Chancel platform into the Nave and move the altar closer to the congregation; restoration of interior masonry surfaces and wooden ceilings; wood flooring and pew refinishing, and a new lighting control system for use during services and special productions.
Copyright © 2005-2018 W.S. Cumby, Inc.
W.S. Cumby, Inc. | (610) 328.5353