The Mansion Building
The Academy of Notre Dame de Namur is a private middle school and high school for girls in Villanova, Pennsylvania, and was established in 1856 by the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur. When space constraints began to limit the school’s growth, Sister Rosalia, the Provincial, accepted Cardinal Dougherty’s suggestion that she purchase the Geist Estate in Villanova to house the high school division. Sisters and students arrived there in early January, 1944, yet the Mansion, which houses academic classrooms and administrative offices, was built in the mid-1890s.
Scope of work will include full replacement of sloped roofs with new slate roofing, replacement of flat roofs with new SBS-modified bituminous membrane roofing, repointing and cleaning of all limestone façade, restoration of all exterior windows and doors throughout the building, repairing and replacing all terrace paving and perimeter walls, install new waterproofing at a section of the basement wall and install a new basement access door and enclosure.
Copyright © 2005-2018 W.S. Cumby, Inc.
W.S. Cumby, Inc. | (610) 328.5353